Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The World Accuses Christians


Most often when Christians hear accusations that they do not "love the way Jesus loves" or "act the way Jesus acts," the accusations come from those who are not found where Jesus teaches and preaches the Gospel, namely inside a church sanctuary where His very body and blood are distributed to poor sinners who need it. The accusations of those who refuse to sit at Jesus feet hold no sway, nor will they have effect on the Day of Judgment accept as words by which the accusers themselves will be condemned.

As for their use of Sacred Scripture to accuse those who are within the ark of Christendom, they are little different than howling beasts. Proper accusation originates from a holy God, who demands a love they do not know, because they do not fear, love, or trust in Him. If they did, they would regularly hear His Word and follow Him, abiding in His forgiveness and disciplining every urge that militates against God.

They are invited to the same feast of forgiveness that all Christians participate in, yet the invitation falls on deaf ears, else they would be where Jesus is. The Scriptures remain a closed book to them; therefore, like the devil who tempted Christ in the desert, they cherry pick from the Sacred Scriptures and twist them to suit their pleasures. Rather than accept discipline and rebuke, like fools they carry on in delusions as if love is without discipline.

For I am ready to fall,
And my sorrow is continually before me.
For I confess my iniquity;
I am full of anxiety because of my sin.

But my enemies are vigorous and strong,
And many are those who hate me wrongfully.
And those who repay evil for good,
They oppose me, because I follow what is good.

Do not forsake me, O LORD;
O my God, do not be far from me!
Make haste to help me,
O Lord, my salvation! -Psalm 38:17-22

+ + +

No comments:

Post a Comment